Recipe by Anna P.
A nice meal to have on those cold days, great to have with a salad or vegetables on the side.
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 9 minutes, or until pasta is tender but firm.
- Drain Rinse with cold water and drain again, return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan melt butter over medium Heat.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper, cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, whisking often, for about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cheddar Cheese, whisking until smooth.
- Add to pasta, mixing well.
- Fold in Asiago and pour mixture evenly into Greased 8 cup (2 L) baking dish.
- Mix together cracker crumbs and Parmesan, toss with butter and Sprinkle over top of macaroni.
- Bake in 350F over for 30 to 35 minute, or until topping is golden Brown.