1/1 Photo of Three Cheese Macaroni
1 hr 10 mins
Anna P.'s Note:
A nice meal to have on those cold days, great to have with a salad or vegetables on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1In large pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 9 minutes, or until pasta is tender but firm.
- 2Drain Rinse with cold water and drain again, return to pot.
- 3Meanwhile, in saucepan melt butter over medium Heat.
- 4Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper, cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 5Whisk in milk, bring to boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer, whisking often, for about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 7Stir in cheddar Cheese, whisking until smooth.
- 8Add to pasta, mixing well.
- 9Fold in Asiago and pour mixture evenly into Greased 8 cup (2 L) baking dish.
- 10Mix together cracker crumbs and Parmesan, toss with butter and Sprinkle over top of macaroni.
- 11Bake in 350F over for 30 to 35 minute, or until topping is golden Brown.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Cheese Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 742.4
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 573.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper