Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice meal to have on those cold days, great to have with a salad or vegetables on the side.
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In large pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 9 minutes, or until pasta is tender but firm.
- Drain Rinse with cold water and drain again, return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan melt butter over medium Heat.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper, cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, whisking often, for about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cheddar Cheese, whisking until smooth.
- Add to pasta, mixing well.
- Fold in Asiago and pour mixture evenly into Greased 8 cup (2 L) baking dish.
- Mix together cracker crumbs and Parmesan, toss with butter and Sprinkle over top of macaroni.
- Bake in 350F over for 30 to 35 minute, or until topping is golden Brown.
Very good flavor. Next time I'm going to try cooking the milk mixture not as long in order to make a creamier base, but overall, it was delicious!! Thank you for this recipe.