1/1 Photo of Three Cheese Macaroni
This was a happy accident based on the cheeses I had in fridge today. You can save yourself a pan to wash by boiling the macaroni in the same saucier you build the sauce in (I would recommend 3 qt. for the amounts I used, it worked perfectly!). This made 6 good side dish servings, probably 4 main dish servings. Topping this with slices of a good tomato would be excellent as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 113.39 g whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 113.39 g elbow macaroni
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 354.88 ml milk
- 85.04 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 56.69 g brie cheese, cut into cubes
- 28.34 g parmesan cheese, shredded (not the stuff in a green can)
- salt and pepper
- 1Boil water in a large pot. Add salt and a smidge of olive oil for seasoning and to help prevent boil-over. Add both macaronis, and boil for 7-9 minutes, checking for doneness before pouring into colander.
- 2In a good saucier that you can whisk in, melt butter over medium high heat. Add flour and spices, whisking to coat particles in butter. Continue whisking and cook for about a minute or two, until it really comes together in a paste.
- 3Pour milk in a steady stream while whisking constantly. This will help prevent lumps from forming. Continue whisking until the mixture comes together (i.e., it isn't little clumps of paste in milk). Let this come to a boil and thicken, then turn heat down.
- 4Start adding the cheese in bit by bit, letting each addition melt before adding the next. Once all of the cheeses have been incorporated, taste to see if it needs salt or pepper (mine needed about a 1/2 t. salt and several grinds of pepper). Turn heat off.
- 5Add drained macaroni to cheese sauce and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Cheese Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 279.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 15.1 g