1/1 Photo of Three Cheese Mac and Cheese Lite (Yes Lite)
We love mac and cheese, but not all of the fat and calories, so I've been working on a lighter version and this is what I came up with. My DD loves this and she's picky about her mac and cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni according to box, pour into colander and leave. DO NOT RINSE>.
- 2Turn burner to med. Melt butter in pan, add flour and whisk together. Add milk and whisk constantly till warm and thickened. Remove from heat. Whisk in Velveeta, 1 cup cheddar and mozzarella, till melted and smooth.
- 3Add macaroni to cheese mixture. Stir until well combined.
- 4Heat oven to 350°F Pour mac and cheese into 2 qt casserole. Top with remaining cheese.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes or till cheese on top is melted.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Cheese Mac and Cheese Lite (Yes Lite)
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 615.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
2% mozzarella cheese