Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe I clipped from a magazine years ago and it still sounds good.
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 medium broccoli, cut into 2 X 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 0.75 (1 lb) package linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 lb Fontina cheese
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium high heat, in hot salad oil, stir broccoli and red pepper until well coated.
- Add 2 tablespoons water; cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes, until broccoli is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, prepare linguine as label directs.
- In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat melt butter; stir in flour until smooth; cook 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in cheeses, vegetables, and salt to taste, tossing gently to mix well.