We are a family of garlic-lovers however I don't recommend using more than 1 teaspoon fresh garlic as it will overpower the cheese mixture, or omit the garlic totally. These make great appetizers to serve at a get together, to save time you can prepare the cheese mixture up to a day in advance, cover and refrigerate, and you can fill the crescent rolls, slice and chill for up to 2 hours in advance. Recipe may be doubled if desired.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a lightly greased baking sheet/s.
- Mix all ingredients (except the crescent rolls) together in a bowl until blended.
- Separate 2 cans of dough into 4 long rectangles, firmly press perforations together to seal.
- Spread/divide the cheese mixture evenly over the 4 rectangles.
- Starting at the short side roll up each rectangle then pinch edges to seal.
- Cut each roll into 8 slices.
- Place cut side down on the baking sheet/s.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Immediately remove from baking sheet.
- Cool 3-4 minutes then serve warm.