Recipe by Shawn C
Just a healthier version of a thrown together meal that has lots of flavor without that box taste.
- 1 lb ground beef (leaner the better)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 handfuls spinach, fresh chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- cook macaroni in boiled water for 1/2 of the time directions say on the box. drain macaroni and return to pot along with the tomatoes and beef broth and let sit while preparing the rest. occasionally stir so that absorption of liquids is distributed equally.
- Brown beef in large skillet and season with salt and pepper. drain any fat. add chili powder, onion, garlic and jalapeno and continue until onions are tender.
- in large bowl place macaroni mixture and beef mixture, stir to mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- stir in parmesan cheese. add spinach and mix well. this should be enough for 2 meals (3-4 servings) place one covered in the freezer for another day or make it all put you will need to increase the cheese on top.
- pour into nonstick or sprayed casserole dish. back for 30 minutes at 400. place cheddar and monterey jack cheese on top and stick under broiler until melted and bubbly.
- serves 3-4 for 2 meals or 6 for one meal.
- *NOTE* to stetch this even further use a 1lb box of elbows and increase the broth and tomatoes. also increase the chopped spinach.