Recipe by Meryl
This is very good! It's ultra thick, so I thinned it out with extra sour cream and a little milk. Also, it's not hot/spicy, so I added more hot sauce and chili powder to taste. I omitted the Monterey Jack and used about 7 1/2 oz of cheddar, a mixture of Cabot extra sharp and Dubliner, plus I doubled the green chiles. *Update: I tried it warm and prefer it that way, and it doesn't need to be thinned out.
Top Review by Deb Wilemon
I added an additional can of green chilis, mixed all ingredients in my small crockpot, heated until cheese was melted. Very good warm, don't think I will try it cold. Thanks for the recipe!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin