Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very good! It's ultra thick, so I thinned it out with extra sour cream and a little milk. Also, it's not hot/spicy, so I added more hot sauce and chili powder to taste. I omitted the Monterey Jack and used about 7 1/2 oz of cheddar, a mixture of Cabot extra sharp and Dubliner, plus I doubled the green chiles. *Update: I tried it warm and prefer it that way, and it doesn't need to be thinned out.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and sour cream.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients until well blended.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with corn chips, tortillas, and/or crackers.
I added an additional can of green chilis, mixed all ingredients in my small crockpot, heated until cheese was melted. Very good warm, don't think I will try it cold. Thanks for the recipe!