Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 295.73 ml dry champagne (brut)
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 473.18 ml coarsely grated gruyere cheese (about 7 ounces)
- 314.66 ml coarsely grated emmenthaler cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 118.29 ml diced rindless brie cheese or 118.29 ml camembert cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.25 ml white pepper
- 1 french-bread baguette, crust left on,bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- Stir cornstarch and lemon juice in small bowl until cornstarch dissolves; set aside.
- Combine Champagne and shallot in fondue pot or heavy medium saucepan; simmer over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Add all cheeses and stir to combine.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Return fondue pot to medium heat and stir until cheeses are melted and smooth and fondue thickens and boils, about 12 minutes.
- Season fondue with nutmeg and white pepper.
- Place over candle or canned heat burner to keep warm.
- Serve with bread cubes.
WOW,Very Good Mimi, We enjoyed the Fondue. Different than what we had, had before. I will be using this Recipe again,My DH loves fondue.
I SECOND THAT WOW! This was sooooo good! I'd never made fondue before, and this was very easy. We are lucky where we live, as the store has a great variety of cheeses, so getting the exact ingredients was no problem. Thanks Mimi! Abbey
Loved this recipe just as it was - also tried it without the shallot and added a bit of cayenne. Best cheese fondue I've had.