My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups dry champagne (brut)
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely grated gruyere cheese (about 7 ounces)
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely grated emmenthaler cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup diced rindless brie cheese or 1/2 cup camembert cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 french-bread baguette, crust left on,bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1Stir cornstarch and lemon juice in small bowl until cornstarch dissolves; set aside.
- 2Combine Champagne and shallot in fondue pot or heavy medium saucepan; simmer over medium heat 2 minutes.
- 3Remove pot from heat.
- 4Add all cheeses and stir to combine.
- 5Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- 6Return fondue pot to medium heat and stir until cheeses are melted and smooth and fondue thickens and boils, about 12 minutes.
- 7Season fondue with nutmeg and white pepper.
- 8Place over candle or canned heat burner to keep warm.
- 9Serve with bread cubes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three-Cheese Fondue with Champagne
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2196.1
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.8 mg
- Sodium 3225.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 300.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 100.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: