Recipe by Bec
A hot cheese dip made from three different cheese that can be prepared easily in the microwave! Make sure you add the cheese to the wine gradually, mixing well between each addition, otherwise the mixture might curdle.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry white wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated mild colby cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- French bread
- assorted fresh vegetable (such as zucchini, mushrooms, baby corn cobs, and cauliflower)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bruise the garlic by placing the flat side of a knife on top and pressing down with the heel of your hand.
- Rub the garlic around the inside of a large, microwave-proof bowl- Discard the garlic.
- Pour the wine into the bowl and heat, uncovered, on high for 3 to 4 minutes, until hot but not boiling.
- Gradually add the Colby and Swiss cheeses, stirring well after each addition, then add the Mozzarella - Stir until completely melted.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir it into the cheese mixture - Season to taste with pepper.
- Cover the bowl and cook on medium power for 6 minutes, stirring twice during cooking, until the sauce is smooth.
- Cut the French bread into cubes and the vegetables into batons, slices, or florets.
- To serve, keep the fondue warm over a spirit lamp or burner, or reheat as necessary in the microwave oven.
- Dip in cubes of French bread and the batons, slices, or florets of vegetables.