Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from a Pillsbury Magazine. I'm going to make it this Sat, when we are having people over. It looks like it's easy to make, & very yummy.
- 414.03 ml uncooked elbow macaroni (8oz)
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 414.03 ml milk
- 354.88 ml grated cheddar cheese (6oz)
- 1 grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slice bacon, crispy cooked, crumbled (1/3 cup)
- 44.37 ml choped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 34 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. In 3 quart sacuepan, cook & drain macaroni as directed on pkg. Return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Cook & stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thinkens. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese until melted. Stir in Parmesan cheese, blue cheese and bacon, until blended. Pour over macroni, stirring until well mixed.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin cups, filling full. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 20-25 min or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minute Sprinkle with chives. Remove from pan. Use a sharp pearing knife to help release macaroni cups from pan.
These tasted very good, but mine wouldn't come out of the muffin tin whole like the picture the chef posted. We enjoyed them anyway. Made for Fall PAC 2012.