Recipe by Roberts44
I got this recipe from a Pillsbury Magazine. I'm going to make it this Sat, when we are having people over. It looks like it's easy to make, & very yummy.
- 1 3⁄4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (8oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese (6oz)
- 1⁄2 grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon, crispy cooked, crumbled (1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons choped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 34 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. In 3 quart sacuepan, cook & drain macaroni as directed on pkg. Return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Cook & stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thinkens. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese until melted. Stir in Parmesan cheese, blue cheese and bacon, until blended. Pour over macroni, stirring until well mixed.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin cups, filling full. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 20-25 min or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minute Sprinkle with chives. Remove from pan. Use a sharp pearing knife to help release macaroni cups from pan.