Recipe by STMA Chef
This is a good and easy recipe for a very delicious cheesy egg bake/soufflé. One could call it a soufflé since it does puff up quite a bit in the oven, but there is no cream base to it, so maybe not a soufflé. Call it what you wish! I picked this up from the net a while back. Everyone really enjoys it and is a great breakfast to make for company!
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, Cubed
- 1 lb colby-monterey jack cheese, Cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter, Small Cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube cheeses and butter, slightly smaller than 1/2 inch cubes seems to work best for the cheeses, even smaller for the butter.
- Beat eggs.
- Wisk flour, milk, and baking powder into eggs.
- Fold in butter and cheeses.
- Pour into greased 9"x13" baking dish.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Center should be raised and edges should be slightly golden brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving, the dish will settle during this time.