Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and delicious lower fat, low carb dip. From "The Best Diabetes Cookbook" by Katherine Younker.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine artichoke hearts, mozzarella and Swiss cheeses, dill, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and cayenne; process by pulsing on and off until combined but still chunky.
- Spoon into a small casserole dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake uncovered 10 minutes.
- Place under the broiler and broil 3 to 5 minutes just until top is slightly browned; serve the dip warm with crackers or crusty bread.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #25* Prepared as presented. This was a very tasty appy spread, which DH and I ate FAR too much of, before dinner -- but it was tastier than the planned meal ! I first tried to broil in the toaster oven -- didn't work, so nuked it for 30 sec. x3. It was even tasty cool, but much more flavor at least warmed. Thanks for posting, Paula.
Really a nice comfort appetizer for football Sunday. This was delicious on crackers and even on chips. The dill flavor was just right for the white cheeses and artichokes. I chopped my artichokes by hand as I wanted a much chunkier dip. Just delicious. Thanks for a keeper. Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2008.