Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
OMG. I had this at a holiday brunch and thought they were awesome. I had to have the recipe.
- 4 large croissants, split into top and bottom halves
- 473.18 ml grated swiss cheese
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml grated monterey jack cheese or 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml salt, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Butter four au gratin dishes.
- Place the bottom half of each croissant in a dish, cut side up.
- Spread Swiss cheese on each, saving about 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top. Follow with all of the Parmesan and Monterey Jack, dividing each cheese equally among the croissants.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and seasonings until they are frothy.
- Pour 2/3 cup of the egg mixture over each croissant and replace the tops.
- Sprinkle the remaining Swiss cheese evenly over the tops. Bake 20 minutes or until the eggs are set and the croissants are a golden brown.
I have made these several times for brunch and they are sooo gooood! Very easy to prepare, which is what you want when you have over-night guests! I love combination of nutmeg and the cheeses!