From Cooking Light March 2006
Make and share this Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) carton 2% fat cottage cheese
- 4 cups hot cooked penne (about 8 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups shredded shredded cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach, oregano, and black pepper; sauté 3 minutes or just until spinach wilts.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor and process until very smooth.
- Combine spinach mixture, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and soup in a large bowl.
- Place mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.