1/1 Photo of Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine
Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light March 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) carton 2% fat cottage cheese
- 4 cups hot cooked penne (about 8 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups shredded shredded cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 3Add mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- 4Add spinach, oregano, and black pepper; sauté 3 minutes or just until spinach wilts.
- 5Place cottage cheese in a food processor and process until very smooth.
- 6Combine spinach mixture, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and soup in a large bowl.
- 7Place mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 8Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 413.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup