Recipe by barefootmommawv
These are so yummy! I have made several different versions but this base recipe is absolutely great!
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped or 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 24 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in chicken and next three ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer. Stir occasionally for 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro and goat cheese.
- Spoon about 1/4cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up tortillas and place seam side down in 2 lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dishes.
- Heat half and half and bouillon granules in a large sauce pan over low heat until granules dissolve. Pour over tortillas.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 10 minutes uncovered and back 10 more minutes. Sprinkle with shredded cheeses; and bake 5 more minutes.
- Serve with Spanish Rice.