Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Amazing enchiladas! Corn tortillas stuffed with a mixture of tender chicken and three delectable cheeses. Our family's favorite and a frequently requested recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 14 ounces enchilada sauce (preferred brand, La Victoria)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- black olives
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Fry each tortilla in oil for several seconds to soften tortillas. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream and spices. Stir in chicken, 2 Cups Monterey jack (reserve the additional 1/2 cup), cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a pie plate. Dip each tortilla in sauce. Fill with 1/3 cup of chicken filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 13x9x2 pan. Repeat until all enchiladas are filled.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake until melted.
- Serve with desired garnishes and enjoy!
This is the best enchilada recipe ever, making good use of leftover chicken--both dark and white meat. It makes enough for leftovers which happen to freeze very well, for a future fast, tasty meal! I tend to sprinkle more cheese on top than the 1/2 cup but we love lots of cheese. I also put a good sprinkle of oregano in the cheese mixture, along with the cumin. I serve it with my Spanish rice, and topped with guacamole--heaven on a plate!
These are amazing!! I have made this recipe for a couple of years and am just now getting around to review them. I use green enchilada sauce but otherwise make the recipe exactly as written - I wouldn't change anything else!! My whole family loves them. Thank you for posting your recipe!!
Made this using tortilla #50820 and enchalada sauce #395141 and it came out fantastic! The only change that I would make would be to thank I'fortuna chef #1900559 for the zaar mail about how to use the mole sauce. This was amazing...and enough for six people. Thank you for posting!