Amazing enchiladas! Corn tortillas stuffed with a mixture of tender chicken and three delectable cheeses. Our family's favorite and a frequently requested recipe!
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 396.89 g enchilada sauce (preferred brand, La Victoria)
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 473.18 ml shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 591.47 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- black olives
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Fry each tortilla in oil for several seconds to soften tortillas. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream and spices. Stir in chicken, 2 Cups Monterey jack (reserve the additional 1/2 cup), cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a pie plate. Dip each tortilla in sauce. Fill with 1/3 cup of chicken filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 13x9x2 pan. Repeat until all enchiladas are filled.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake until melted.
- Serve with desired garnishes and enjoy!