Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tried this before , and is also great for leftovers. A quick dinner.
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle, divided
- 12 ounces cream-style cottage cheese, divided
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced, and divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, and divided
FOR THE MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup pimentos, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook noodles until just tender in a large amount of boiling water. Drain, and rinse in cold water.
- Prepare mushroom sauce by cooking onion, and green pepper in butter in a medium sized saucepan.
- Stir soup, milk, mushrooms, pimento, and basil into sauteed vegetables.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Place half of the noodles over the bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with half of the mushroom sauce.
- Top with half of the cottage cheese.
- Top with half of the chicken.
- Top with half of the Parmesan and cheddar cheeses.
- Repeat layers, using all the ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.