1/1 Photo of Three Cheese Cavatini
Got this from an on-line friend. My whole family loves this! Mix different pasta shapes together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked rigatoni pasta (or similar shape pasta)
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce (or use your own, you may need more if you like it saucy)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced pepperoni (or sliced pepperoni)
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions to "al dente".
- 3While pasta is cooking, saute mushrooms, onions and garlic in olive oil until tender, remove from heat to cool, do not drain.
- 4Combine cottage cheese, ricotta, egg, herbs and seasonings.
- 5Mix cooked pasta with sauce and sauteed onion mixture, and spoon half into bottom of 11x13-inch glass pan.
- 6Spoon cheese mixture on top of pasta, spreading evenly to the edges. Put 1/2 cup mozzarella on top of cheese mixture. Place sliced pepperoni on top of cheese, then spread remaining pasta/onion/mushroom mixture, then mozzarella cheese.
- 7Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheese is browning and bubbly. Allow to rest at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Cheese Cavatini
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.4
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 120.0 mg
- Sodium 1009.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 32.9 g