Recipe by pgaines439
This recipe comes from The Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet by Rose Elliott. This is good for Phases 1, 2 and 3. This could be a side dish with a grilled vegeburger or a main dish accompanied by a green salad and some low carb bread.
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 ounce butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low carb mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons soya cream
- 2 ounces brie cheese, grated
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 ounce almonds, finely ground
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the cauliflower in a little boiling water until tender - about 5 minutes. Drain and chop roughly.
- Preheat the grill. Mix the cauliflower with the mustard, butter or olive oil, mayonaise, cream brie and guyere cheese and season.
- Put the mixture into a shallow casserole dish and sprinkle the top with ground almonds and the grated cheddar cheese.
- Grill for about 5-10 minutes and serve at once.