Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from Rachael Ray's magazine.
- 2 bunches Broccolini, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 16 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 cup store-bought marinara sauce, warmed
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the Broccolini and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Stir in the ricotta, parmesan, egg, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Fold in the Broccolini and mozzarella.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface and brush with olive oil.
- Repeat with 3 more sheets.
- Halve the phyllo stack lengthwise.
- Spoon 3/4 cup Broccolini mixture onto 1 stack, near a short end.
- Fold the right corner diagonally over the filling to make a triangle; continue folding diagonally until you reach the other end.
- Place the turnover on the baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Repeat with the remaining phyllo and filling to make 8 turnovers.
- Bake the turnovers until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with the marinara sauce.