Recipe by Ms. Poppy
Not sure who to give credit to for this delcious recipe. One site says it is a copycat from Taste of Wisconsin. Anyway, it is easy to prepare and you might as well double it because it is very good!
- 88.74 ml butter
- 78.07 ml flour
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml nutmeg, ground
- 0.59 ml white pepper
- 0.25 ml thyme
- 389.80 g can chicken broth
- 236.59 ml milk
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets, bite-size
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 1.23 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.59 ml hot pepper sauce
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 118.29 ml havarti cheese, shredded (2 oz)
- 118.29 ml swiss cheese, shredded (2 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Gradually add broth and milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in broccoli, simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cream, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Add cheeses; stir until melted.