Not sure who to give credit to for this delcious recipe. One site says it is a copycat from Taste of Wisconsin. Anyway, it is easy to prepare and you might as well double it because it is very good!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups broccoli florets, bite-size
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup havarti cheese, shredded (2 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded (2 oz)
- Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Gradually add broth and milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in broccoli, simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cream, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Add cheeses; stir until melted.