1/4 Photos of Three Cheese Beer Bread
Brown Eyed Baker's Note:
Gruyere, white cheddar, and Parmesan combine with beer to make an incredibly flavorful quick bread. Recipe comes courtesy of Brown Eyed Baker: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2009/05/04/three-cheese-beer-bread/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups beer, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups gruyere cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- 22. Grate all of the cheese.
- 33. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, dried mustard and Italian herbs.
- 44. Remove a 1/ 2 cup of the white cheddar and 1/2 cup of the Gruyere cheese and a 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and set aside for the topping of the bread. Add the rest of the cheeses to the flour mixture. Using your fingers mix in the cheese so all the cheese is coated in flour.
- 55. In a separate bowl whisk together the beer, sour cream, tomato juice, eggs and worcestershire sauce until thoroughly combined.
- 66. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula just till mixed. Do not over mix.
- 77. Divide the batter between the two greased loaf pans and press down with a spatula. Sprinkle the top with the cheese that was set aside earlier.
- 88. Bake for 50 -55 minutes or until done. Allow to cool in the pans for 15 minutes before removing them from the pans. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Cheese Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3255.6
- Calories from Fat 1251
- Total Fat 139.0 g
- Saturated Fat 81.6 g
- Cholesterol 588.8 mg
- Sodium 4625.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 339.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 140.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian herb seasoning