Prep 15 mins
Cook 32 mins
The gouda, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese make this a fantastic pizza! Adapted from Semi-Homemade Cooking. To make this really quick, buy premade pizza crust!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g chicken tenders
- 158.51 ml barbecue sauce
- flour, for dusting surface
- 391.22 g package pizza dough (you may use premade crust, if desired)
- 177.44 ml shredded gouda cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 177.44 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken tenders and saute until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, dice chicken to make a little over 1 cup.
- In a small bowl, toss chicken with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough and place on a greased sheet pan.
- Shape to fill the sheet pan, about a 15 by 10-inch rectangle (skip this part if using premade crust).
- Spread remaining barbecue sauce evenly over pizza dough.
- Sprinkle Gouda, mozzarella, Parmesan, onions, and chicken over top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and cut into pieces.
Great treat for a Holiday weekend. I did buy a premade crust, and used Jack Daniels barbecue sauce, but other than that followed this right down the line in ingredients and directions. Excellent combo of cheeses, and was plenty for the 4 of us, there were no leftovers, as we enjoy onions on pizza. Enjoyed Enjoyed ! ! Made for I recommend.
I used a frozen pizza base (defrosted) but as I don't care for b-b-q sauce I used a tomato paste base one and some deli roasted chicken and the red onion, for the cheese I had some baby bocconcini (sliced) as my base layer and then scattered some finely sliced red onion followed by a mix of mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheese - delicious and the DM, DS and I and we thoroughly enjoyed on our Pizza Night. Made for Aussie/Kiwi recipe swap #49 February 2010.
This is a really nice pizza and very easy to put together. We used a cracked peppercorn gouda, which added a nice spiciness. Next time I might add some veggies or pineapple. Thanks for sharing!