Recipe by Juenessa
Adapted from Southern Living April 2006. This is a very mild flavored cheese dish. Edited 3/28/07 to add extra seasoning.
Top Review by breezermom
I made this based on the recipe from Southern Living, not from this site. Definitely consider Juanessa's recommendations. I would also mix all ingredients except for a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese on the top. This would make it a better dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
- 2 (10 ounce) containers alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teasoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Stir together Alfredo sauce, sour cream, minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning; toss with pasta until evenly coated.
- Spoon half pasta mixture into a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch casserole dish.
- Stir together ricotta cheese and next three ingredients; spread evenly over pasta mixture.
- Spoon remaining pasta mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.