Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From allrecipes.com. Yes, you use instant mashed potatoes, but believe me, when you put this in your mouth, you won't care. Perfect for the cheese freak in all of us.
- 4 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes (keep warm)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I like extra sharp)
- 4 slices American cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces bacon bits
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 2-qt casserole dish, combine warm potatoes, cheeses, bacon bits (reserving 1 Tbs), onion, salt and pepper to taste, and garlic powder.
- Stir until the cheeses start to melt.
- Combine melted butter, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, reserved bacon bits, onion powder and bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.