1/1 Photo of Three-Cheese Baked Eggs With Roasted Peppers
1 hr 20 mins
I've made this recipe several times and it's always one of the first ones I think about when we're having guests for breakfast or brunch. It's even simpler if you use the jarred roasted peppers. It's always been a hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 9 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (6 ounces)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (2 ounces)
- 3 scallions, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 scallions, slivered for garnish
- 1Roast peppers on racks of gas burners over high heat, turning with tongs, until skins are blackened, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2Or broil peppers on a broiler pan about 5 inches from heat, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes.)
- 3Transfer to a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap, then let stand 20 minutes.
- 4When cool enough to handle, peel peppers, discarding stems and seeds, and cut into 1/3-inch dice.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F
- 6Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder into a small bowl.
- 7Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until doubled in volume, about 3 minutes.
- 8Add butter, flour mixture, and cheeses and mix well at low speed, then stir in peppers and scallions.
- 9Pour into a buttered 10-inch (6-cup) glass pie plate and bake in middle of oven (or lower third of oven if baking with bacon) until top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 10Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three-Cheese Baked Eggs With Roasted Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.6
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 397.6 mg
- Sodium 1007.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 28.9 g