Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A delicious and different pasta salad! plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight (overnight is better).
- 3 cups medium pasta shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups kalamata olives, pitted and sliced (can use canned sliced black olives, drained in place of brine-cured)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white cheddar cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup gouda cheese, grated
- 5 -6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or use 1-2 teaspoons dry basil)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until JUST firm-tender (don't overcook) drain well under cold water.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and toss with a couple tablespoons with olive oil so that the pasta will not stick.
- Add in the olives, bell pepper, all of the cheeses and fresh basil (or dryed basil if using); toss to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar and sugar; pour over the pasta and cheese in the bowl and toss to combine well.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.