1/1 Photo of Three Berry Upside-Down Cake
Sydney Mike's Note:
A friend of mine clipped this recipe out of some magazine last week & passed it on to me thinking (correctly!) that I'd be interested in it! Love those kinds of friends! The first time I made this I used a combination of frozen blueberries, raspberries & marionberries!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Spray 9"x9" cake pan with cooking spray, then pour in melted butter.
- 3Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter, then carefully scatter berries over sugar.
- 4Place 1/4 cup softened butter, along with oil & sugar, in large bowl, then beat with mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- 5Beat in egg & extracts.
- 6In another bowl, sift or wisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- 7To the butter mixture, add flour mixture & buttermilk alternately, beating at low speed until just combined.
- 8Pour batter on top of berries.
- 9Bake 30-35 mintes until top is golden brown & sides are bubbly.
- 10Remove from oven & cool on wire rack 5 minutes, then invert onto serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Berry Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.1
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 211.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: