I love scones. These are a pretty healthy version.
Make and share this Three-Berry Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in butter until mixture is size of fine crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk, then berries.
- On a prepared baking sheet, shape dough into two 7-inch circles.
- Cut each into 6 wedges; coat with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Bake until cooked through and golden, about 20 minutes.
Brought these to brunch with "the ladies" this morning, where they were gobbled up quickly! I added 1/4 cup buttermilk to the dough, and substituted Splenda for the sugar. Also, I only made 8 because I like 'em big, so that required about 5 extra minutes in the oven. Good stuff, thanks!
We really enjoyed these scones. They rate a high 4 for taste with us, but given the health factor they are bumped up to a 5 for sure! I did cheat a little and mixed up some raspberry butter to spread on top and that made these even better.
If made as stated this WW recipe should have 2 points per scone. Very Good.