Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is great for summer when there are fresh berries available! A pretty, low fat, delicious little dessert. Try it with some vanilla bean ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind, of
- 2 cups assorted blueberries or 2 cups raspberries, and or 2 cups blackberries
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine 1 ½ cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in small bowl.
- In large bowl, whisk together applesauce, egg whites, yogurt, white sugar, and lemon peel.
- Stir mixtures together and spread into sprayed 10-inch cake pan; sprinkle berries over batter.
- Combine remaining flour and brown sugar in small bowl; cut butter in with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, and sprinkle over berries.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees, or until lightly browned; cool on wire rack.