Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has proved very popular not only because is it delicious but because it is also very light. It also looks most appealing!
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 pint boysenberries
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 75 g sugar
- Place all crepe ingredients together and mix well.
- Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Make crepes in a heavy crepe pan.
- Spray crepe pan with cooking oil and pour in enough mixture to form a thin and even layer over pan.
- When crepes begin to bubble turn and cook other side.
- Makes 10-12 crepes.
- While the crepe mixture is'standing'combine the berries and sugar for the filling in a bowl and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Blend together all ingredients and put through a fine sieve to remove pips.
- Creme Anglaise-----------.
- Bring the milk to the boil with vanilla extract.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until pale yellow.
- Pour milk over the eggs and blend.
- Return to a low heat and stirring constantly, thicken the sauce.
- Do not BOIL.
- The mixture is'thickened' when it coats the back of a spoon.
- Cover sauce and chill in the fridge.
- TO ASSEMBLE DESSERT-------------.
- Place generous spoonfuls of berries in the centre of each crepe (dividing the mixture evenly amongst the crepes).
- Fold in the sides of each crepe to form a square'parcel'.
- Allow 2'parcels' per person.
- Spoon the Creme Anglaise on one side of a flat plate and the Strawberry Sauce on the other so that the 2 sauces just meet in the middle.
- Arrange the crepes gently on the sauce.
- Garnish each plate with a strawberry sliced in half.
This was excellent. I used a bag of frozen berries for the filling and they were perfect. I think you could cut back a bit on the sugar without hurting this dish. Thanks for the great recipe.
I used a Jar of Lingonberries and let the sauce seep through a regular strainer... Worked out perfect!These were gone real quick. Thank you thank you :O)