1/3 Photos of Three Berry Crepes with Creme Anglaise and Strawberry Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe has proved very popular not only because is it delicious but because it is also very light. It also looks most appealing!
My Private Note
Berry C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all crepe ingredients together and mix well.
- 2Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- 3Make crepes in a heavy crepe pan.
- 4Spray crepe pan with cooking oil and pour in enough mixture to form a thin and even layer over pan.
- 5When crepes begin to bubble turn and cook other side.
- 6Makes 10-12 crepes.
- 7While the crepe mixture is'standing'combine the berries and sugar for the filling in a bowl and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- 9Blend together all ingredients and put through a fine sieve to remove pips.
- 10Creme Anglaise-----------.
- 11Bring the milk to the boil with vanilla extract.
- 12Beat egg yolks and sugar until pale yellow.
- 13Pour milk over the eggs and blend.
- 14Return to a low heat and stirring constantly, thicken the sauce.
- 15Do not BOIL.
- 16The mixture is'thickened' when it coats the back of a spoon.
- 17Cover sauce and chill in the fridge.
- 18TO ASSEMBLE DESSERT-------------.
- 19Place generous spoonfuls of berries in the centre of each crepe (dividing the mixture evenly amongst the crepes).
- 20Fold in the sides of each crepe to form a square'parcel'.
- 21Allow 2'parcels' per person.
- 22Spoon the Creme Anglaise on one side of a flat plate and the Strawberry Sauce on the other so that the 2 sauces just meet in the middle.
- 23Arrange the crepes gently on the sauce.
- 24Garnish each plate with a strawberry sliced in half.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Berry Crepes with Creme Anglaise and Strawberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 324.9 mg
- Sodium 722.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g