Recipe by DailyInspiration
This sweet and savory dish would be a perfect accompaniment to a meal or picnic.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (white and tender green parts)
- 1 pint ripe strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, seasoned
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water, the oil, salt, pepper and allspice to a boil over high heat. Add the couscous and scallions and stir. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir to fluff.
- Transfer the warm couscous to a bowl and stir in the berries, parsley and vinegar. Serve the salad warm or chilled.