- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 medium basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow bell peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
- Slowly whisk in enough oil to start an emulsion, then alternate oil and vinegar until all is mixed inches.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk slowly to combine.
- Refrigerate until serving time.