Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I first made this sauce to go with"chicken breasts with cornmeal crust and black bean salsa" ( posted) but it is so tasty and goes with so many things.
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle chiles, canned
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- Puree first 6 ingredients in blender.( can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated).
- Toss sliced bell peppers and dressing together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate about 4 hours.
Served this as a side to Miss Annies Baked Chimichangas and it was delightful. There is a nice smokey flavor to this salad with a sweet/sour undertone. Used fat free mayo without a problem & I especially liked that there was no added oil or salt. Thank you Chef Debs for sharing the recipe.
This is quite the festive-looking salad that packs a bit of a punch. I used 1/2 of a chipotle pepper and the salad was too spicy for my wimpy buds but DH loved it and almost finished it in 2 sittings! It is quite easy to prepare. Only downside is the dressing gets soupy after being around for a bit. This was made for Pick-A-Chef spring 2006.
Going thru salad recipes, I realized I forgot to review this!! I made this last month as a side to fajitas, and it is quite good. Gets better as it's in the fridge, too. Thanks