Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is what my Mummy called it when we were younger, we refused to eat it without the brown sugar or the name, we thought it was special. I had it before my exams as well--it helped me concentrate and kept me going with lots of energy all the way to lunch
- Combine water and oats in medium saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring about 5 minutes or until porridge is thick and creamy.
- Place in bowl.
- Add a bit of milk so it goes around the edges and covers slightly.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar (the more the better).
- Place the brown sugar on table and let kids add if you trust them.
- If you want a creamier porridge make with milk instead of water.
Was looking for an easy recipe for porridge and came across this one. Wanted to try an un reviewed one and this one was it! It was so easy to make and really nice and filling. I added some frozen berries the second time I made it but think next time I will add some sultanas. Very nice, Thanks!!!