Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Hebrew National. I sometimes use navy beans in place of the butter/lima beans. I have a hard time finding butter beans at my local stores. I also sometimes leave out the peppers.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans or 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans or 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) package hot dogs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and garlic and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add red and green bell peppers; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in baked, butter and red beans, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; bring to a boil. Stir franks into bean mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 quart casserole or 8 or 9 inch square baking dish. Bake 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
i like anything with hebrew national hot dogs! made this in the crock pot. Yummy!! Thanks keeperathome