Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was shopping with the kids and this was a sample. They made sure I got the recipe! A change from plain old baked beans. (Would be good with sausage or hamburger too)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen lima beans (NOTE: if you prefer soft lima beans use canned or pre-cook partially. Enjoy!)
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 can kidney bean, drained
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In a large skillet brown turkey and onions.
- Drain if necessary.
- Add lima beans and cook and stir until heated through.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 35 minutes.
The smell was making me hungry while it was cooking! It was so easy to make and it tasted great! I served with a salad and Dale's Deviled Eggs. My husband loved it and was estatic that there was leftovers. I didn't have lima beans, so I used northern beans instead. Excellent recipe that anyone would love!
My husband thought this was a little bland, but I liked it! Yum!
I gave this recipe 4 stars. My family liked this bake. My husband liked this the best. I thought it was a little to sweet for me. I did like the idea of meat and beans. My beans turned more out to be like chili. The copy of this recipe I have came from Taste Of Home. They used black beans instead of lima beans (which my family do not like anyway). Since TOH says to use red wine vinegar or cider vinegar I choose to use the cider vinegar. The baked beans did not say to drain them so we did not. Overall I think I will make these again. Thanks for posting Christine (internetnut)