Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you're in a rush, skip topping the bean mix with biscuits. Instead pour the cooked mix over halved dinner rolls.
- 15 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces tomatoes, canned and diced
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Mix beans, tomatoes, salsa, garlic, cumin, chili powder and green onions in a medium oven-safe casserole dish. Set aside.
- Cut butter into flour, baking powder and cornmeal. Mix in milk to make a soft dough.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto the bean mix.
- Bake uncovered 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Easy!!! Healthy!!! Yummy!!!
This was delicious!!! The only thing keeping me from giving it 5 stars was the biscuit topping. They were very heavy , dense biscuits. I would have preferred a lighter textured biscuit , but this dish is really tasty!! Very easy to throw together too! Always a plus!! Thanks so much for submitting!!!!