Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is as lovely to look at as it is to eat. Serve this for a light lunch, supper, or a wonderful starter.
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves (I like Smuckers)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces (cooked fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup yellow wax bean, cut into 2 inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Combine apricot preserves, vinegar, and celery seed in medium salad bowl.
- Add the kidney beans, green and yellow beans, and onion; toss well to combine.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
I made this years ago and just found the recipe posted here. It is excellent.