1/1 Photo of Three-Bean Salad With Quinoa
"Summer green beans are here! Perhaps other beans, too, so substitute any of the three beans with what you can get on sale or from your garden…or the neighbors’. Canned garbanzos, pintos or black beans are fine, too, in this beautiful and delicious summer salad that works as a side dish or protein-filled vegetarian entrée." From Whole Foods website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces, cooked and rinsed in cold water
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing (I love Italian Salad Dressing)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1Rinse quinoa under cold running water and drain.
- 2Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil in a small pot.
- 3Stir quinoa and a pinch of salt into water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender and liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Uncover and let cool.
- 5Put cooled quinoa, green beans, edamame, peppers, kidney beans, dressing, tarragon, salt and pepper into a large bowl and toss well.
- 6Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three-Bean Salad With Quinoa
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 533.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 12.4 g