Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Tons of flavor in this salad! This salad needs to chill for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight before serving. The first time I made this salad, I added in 1 teaspoon of fresh garlic to the oil blend, but found the garlic to be too strong for this salad, as this salad has just too many other flavors going on to add in anything else, my advise is if you are tempted to add in any garlic, don't, the salad is delicious without it! This salad serve 6 people easily, you can double all ingredients to serve a crowd.
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 15 large green olives, sliced (pimiento-stuffed)
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped (or thinly sliced)
- 1 -2 cup feta cheese (coarsely crumbled)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, sugar, oregano and black pepper (add in as much sugar as desired, start with 1 tablespoon adding in more to taste).
- Add in all drained beans, green and red bell pepper, sliced green olives and red onion; toss to combine and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, season with salt and more black pepper and add in the crumbled feta cheese.