Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is easy to make, and tastes great! It's perfect for a potluck or picnic. From Bon Appetit.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
Absolutely wonderful! Beautiful colors (use the dark red kidney beans), easy to make, very healthy and great flavor. I think this is going to be even better tomorrow. I made it in the morning for that evening's dinner. I'm making a note to myself to add fresh chopped cilantro and use Splenda (sugar substitute)next time.
Absolutely EXCELLENT! I love 3-bean salads, but sadly have been making mediocre ones for years - this is really something special. The olives and wine vinegar seem to be the secret ingredients. We loved this! We have some picky eaters in the house who don't like "crunch" so I omitted the peppers and kept the red onions thinly sliced so they would still flavor the salad but could be easily picked out. Also used Sherry vinegar and a can of organic green beans (couldn't find the others) and it turned out terrific. I had intended to serve this with a sandwich but it ended up taking center stage. In fact we ate the leftovers for b'fast and lunch the next day as this was so good. Lovely salad. Thanks Miss Annie!
Really good, healthy, & refreshing to eat. We really liked it. This would be a great potluck dish. I personally don't care for the green olives in it & might use black olives next time. Thanks.