1/1 Photo of Three Bean Salad With Fresh Cilantro and Walla Walla Onion
Slightly adapted from Diabetic Living magazine, summer 2005. Go ahead and substitute another seasonal onion if you prefer. For less spice, substitute a milder pepper, such as poblano or anaheim.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained (great northern or cannellini)
- 1 (10 ounce) package baby lima beans, thawed
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 walla walla onion, cut into crescents
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno peppers or 1 fresh serrano pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1In a non-reactive small bowl, combine the salad dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- 2In a large salad bowl combine all the salad ingredients. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat.
- 3Cover and chill until ready to serve. Best allowed to marinate at least 3 hours.
- 4Each serving is approximately 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Bean Salad With Fresh Cilantro and Walla Walla Onion
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.5
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g