Nancy's Pantry's Note:
A "kicked up" version of Three Bean Salad. Haven't tried this dish but it sounds like a nice picnic or pot luck dish. Love the idea of combining fresh green beans, edamame and chickpeas. Prep time does not include marinating time for dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen edamame (shelled)
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 teaspoon serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped (can add seeds if you are daring)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (rounded)
- 1Cook green beans in a 6-8 quart pot of boiling, salted water (2 tablespoons salt), uncovered, until crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes. With a wire skimmer or a slotted spoon, immediately transfer beans to a large bowl of ice and cold water to stop the cooking. When beans are cool, transfer with a spoon or skimmer to paper towels to drain.
- 2Return water to a boil and cook edamame until crisp-tender, 5-6 minutes. Drain and transfer to bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. When edamame are cool, drain and transfer to dry paper towels to drain.
- 3Pat green beans dry and transfer to a large bowl. Pat edamame dry and add to green beans. Stir in chickpeas.
- 4Mince garlic and mash to a paste with 1/2 teaspoons salt, using side of a large heavy knife. Transfer garlic paste to a blender. Add remaining ingredients, other than bean mixture, and blend, scraping down sides occasionally until smooth.
- 5Add dressing to beans and season with salt. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve salad with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three-Bean Salad With Cilantro Chile Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.6
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 213.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.9 g