Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you love bacon and you love bean salad, then this is right up your alley. I know I love it. Why didn't I think of putting bacon in bean salad before? Well, at least we have it now.
- 425.24 g canblue lake green beans
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans or 425.24 g can chickpeas
- 425.24 g can dark red kidney beans
- 6 thick cut slices bacon
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh garlic
- 118.29 ml apple cider vinegar
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml coarse ground mustard
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- Drain and rinse canned beans in a colander.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; set aside. Reserve bacon grease in skillet.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until light golden.
- While onion cooks, whisk together the vinegar, oil, cornstarch, mustard and brown sugar.
- Stir dressing into skillet with the onions and cook, stirring, until mixture thickens. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place beans in a salad bowl and add crumbled bacon.
- Stir cooled dressing into beans, cover and chill several hours or overnight.